Mathematics is the study of universal patterns and structures and is the quantitative language of the world. It underpins information technology, computer science, engineering, and the physical sciences; and it plays an increasingly important role in the biological and medical sciences, economics, finance, environmental science, sociology and psychology.
We provides a unique opportunity within Australia to study mathematics.
- We offer small class sizes when compared to other top Australian universities.
- We offer student access to some of the best mathematicians in Australia.
- We offer a full suite of courses supporting the quantitative needs of many areas.
- We offer a stream of advanced courses from first year through to honours year open to anyone with the appropriate prerequisites.
Our undergraduate and Honour programs are organised by our Department of Mathematics.
By 2020 it is estimated up to 70 per cent of all job categories are likely to change, 35 per cent will disappear and be replaced by jobs that do not currently exist. Employers are more likely to hire someone with a good background in mathematics.
- Ross Gittins, Economic Editor, Sydney Morning Herald
Thinking about undergraduate study or higher degree research with us and would like to test the waters?
We offere a variety of undergraduate, Honours, graduate, and higher degrees by research options for you to consider.
We run a large number of courses that can be taken individualy or packaged into streams, majors, minors or specialisations.
See a list of current and potential research projects available for PhB, Honours and higher degree student, as well as summer scholars.
Do you need support in order to consider full or part-time study? See the financial support offered via scholarships to ANU students.