- Michael Batanin, Macquarie University
- Christian Haesemeyer, University of Melbourne
- Gus Lehrer, The University of Sydney
- Daniel Murfet, The University of Melbourne
- Ross Street, Macquarie University
- Peter O'Sullivan, MSI, ANU
Amnon Neeman arrived in Australia as a 13-year-old in February 1971. He finished Randwick Boys High School in 1974, winning the Room Medal for coming top in NSW at the mathematics HSC exam. He went on to study mathematics at U.Sydney starting in 1975. There he was immersed in its exciting mathematical culture and was especially influenced by Terry Gagen, Max Kelly, Gus Lehrer and John Mack. He got an honours degree with a University Medal in 1978, and then a master's degree in 1979 shortly before heading off to pursue his PhD in the USA.
Triangulated Categories and Geometry - a conference in honour of Amnon Neeman
An international conference in Amnon's honour was held in Germany in May. For more information on the event click here.