I am an MSI fellow at the Australian National University. My research interests lie in applied mathematics at the intersection of asymptotic analysis of multiscale dynamical systems, nonlinear partial differential equations, and functional analysis. Currently, I am interested in mathematical climate models which involve heat convection, phase separation and solidification in sea ice. I focus on thermal conduction in sea ice in the presence of fluid flow, as an important example of an advection diffusion process in the polar marine environment. Using new Stieltjes integral representations for the effective diffusivity in turbulent transport, we have obtained a series of rigorous bounds on the effective diffusivity.
From 2015-2019 I was a research assistant professor / NSF Ed Lorenz Postdoctoral Fellow in the Mathematics of Climate at the University of Utah, in the department of mathematics.
In 2015, I received my Ph.D. from the mathematics department at Michigan State University. The focus of my Ph.D. was on the development of network morphologies in amphiphilic polymer systems with applications to ion transport in electrolyte membranes and to network formation in lipid membrane.
I have a B.Sc. in mathematics from Tel Aviv University.
- N. Kraitzman & K. Promislow, (2014) An Overview of Network Bifurcations in the Functionalized Cahn-Hilliard Free Energy, editors: Jean Pierre Bourguignon, Rolf Jeltsch, Alberto Pinto, and Marcelo Viana, Mathematics of Energy and Climate Change: International Conference and Advanced School Planet Earth, Springer International Publishing, (pp. 191-214).
- N. Kraitzman & K. Promislow, (2018) Pearling Bifurcations in the Strong Functionalized Cahn-Hilliard Free Energy, SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis), Volume 50, Issue 3, pp.3395-3426. DOI
- A. Christlieb, N. Kraitzman & K. Promislow, (2019) Competition and complexity in amphiphilic polymer morphology. Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena. DOI
- N. Kraitzman, E. Cherkaev & K. Golden, Advection Enhanced Diffusion in a Porous Medium, Submitted.
Work in Progress
- N. Kraitzman, R. Hardenbrook, B. Murphy, E. Cherkaev, J. Zhu & K.Golden, Bounds on the Effective Thermal Conductivity of Sea Ice in the Presence of Fluid Convection, In preparation.
- N. Kraitzman, E. Cherkaev & K. Golden, Analytic Bounds on the Trapping Constant in Sea Ice, In preparation.