What are Maths Bridging Course Modules?
The Bridging Course modules have been specifically designed to cover the prerequisite knowledge required to undertake the following First-Year maths courses:
Who should enrol in the Bridging Course modules?
- Students who are required to take one of the First-Year maths courses above as part of their degree program, but who do not have the prerequisite knowledge, are required to complete one or more of the bridging modules.
- Students who have the prerequisites but would like a refresh their knowledge, are welcome to enrol in the bridging modules.
The Diagnostic Test for the 2021 Bridging Courses will be available in late November 2020
Which Maths Bridging Module(s) should students take?
A diagnostic test will be available in late November. Students should complete this test to determine which module(s) to undertake.
Further information about the ANU First-Year Maths Bridging Modules can be found here.
Maths Bridging Modules delivery
There are 3 separate Bridging Modules that will run from early January to mid-February as below.
All courses will be delivered online
- Module 1 - designed to prepare students for MATH1003 – 4 to 13 January 2021
This course is offered over 8 consecutive working days.
- Module 2 - designed to prepare students for MATH1013 – 14 to 29 January 2021
This course is offered over 10 working days excluding January 25 and 26
- Module 3 - designed to prepare students for MATH1115 – 1 to 12 February 2021
This course is offered over 10 consecutive working days
It is not recommended that students enrol in all 3 modules unless they feel they would benefit from completing Module 1 as revision.
Multiple course enrolment discount:
Multiple course enrolment discount as follows:
- Enrolment in 2 Modules – total cost $350
- Enrolment in 3 Modules – total cost $480
Please note: to receive the above discount, enrolment in all modules must be made in the same transaction.
Cancellations must be made in writing to:
Bridging Course administrator at email@example.com by the following dates:
- Module 1: Friday 18 December 2020
- Module 2: Friday 8 January 2021
- Module 3: Friday 22 January 2021
The course fee will be refunded in full if written cancellation notification is received by the dates outlined above.
No refund will be made for cancellation after these dates.
Registration will open in late November 2020.