Each of our research groups has a large number of visitors and extensive international contacts. Visitors are provided with the opportunity to collaborate with members of our academic staff, participate in local seminars, consult with interested graduate students, and to participate in the general life of MSI during their stay.
As part of our efforts to develop and enhance international collaborative networks, MSI has established two categories of visitor schemes:
Competitive visitor programs
- Mathematical Sciences Research Visitor Program (MSRVP)
- International Joint Laboratory (LIA) 'Fundamental Mathematics' (FuMa)
- Early Career Researcher Visitor Program (ECRVP)
Visitors under these flagship programs are selected by means of a competitive process whereby visiting academics can receive funding for travel and accommodation support if planning to visit for extended periods. Recipients are nominated by internal academic staff and will be notified if successful.
If you are interested in participating in any of these programs, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Non competitive visitor programs
- MSI National Seminar Series (NSS)
- MSI Visiting Fellow Program (MSI VF)
Facilities/resources available for visitors
- Access to office space (as available)
- Access to the Hancock Library can be arranged
- Email and internet access.
All visitors are encouraged to bring their own laptop computers to continue their research and writing while in residence.
Please be advised that the Australian border is closed for the foreseeable future. The only people who can travel to Australia are:
- Australian citizens
- Permanent residents
- Immediate family members
- Travellers who have been in New Zealand for at least the 14 days before the date of departure. This does not include the Realm Countries of the Cook Islands and Niue.
For further up to date information, including eligibility to enter Australia, please visit https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/coming-australia.