Each of our research groups has a large number of visitors and extensive international contacts. Visitors are provided with the opportunity to collaborate with members of our academic staff, participate in local seminars, consult with interested graduate students, and to participate in the general life of MSI during their stay.
As part of our efforts to develop and enhance international collaborative networks, MSI has established two flagship visitor programs: The Mathematical Sciences Research Visitor Program (MSRVP) and the International Joint Laboratory (LIA) 'Fundamental Mathematics' (FuMa) partially funded by the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), a public organisation under the responsibility of the French Ministry of Education and Research.
Visitors under both programs are selected by means of a competitive process whereby visiting academics can receive funding for travel and accommodation support if planning to visit for extended periods. Recipients are nominated by internal academic staff and will be notified if successful.
If you are interested in participating in any of these programs, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Facilities/resources available for visitors
- Shared access to office space (as available)
- Access to the Hancock Library can be arranged
- Email and internet access.
All visitors are encouraged to bring their own laptop computers to continue their research and writing while in residence.
- Search our people directory and contact a member of our academic staff whom you would be interested collaborating with. Please include:
- Research proposal (no more than two pages)
- Updated CV with your contact details.
- If you’re an international visitor, please review the information on visas (see below), particularly if you intend to stay for more than three months.
- The MSI academic staff member will contact the research admin team to start the process.
Information on Visas
International visitors often require a visa. In some cases, the application is straightforward and can be completed online. In other cases, you may require a letter of invitation from the University. As a visitor, it is your responsibility to ensure you hold a valid visa for entry into Australia that will allow you to engage in all the activities you wish to undertake during your stay.
If you intend to stay more than three months, we can assist. Please lodge your application at least five months before your intended visit.