- Algebra & topology, Convenor
My research focuses on low-dimensional manifolds and the natural algebraic and geometric structures associated to them. I am particularly interested in contact 3-manifolds, Legendrian and topological knot theory, and invariants inspired by Floer theory.
- Morse theory in dimensions three and four, Supervisor
- Surface mapping class groups, Supervisor
- Topics in contact geometry, Supervisor
- Topics in low-dimensional topology, Supervisor
I teach a variety of undergraduate and Master's classes. Recently, I've taught Algebra I (MATH2322) and several linear algebra classes (MATH1014, MATH1116). I also teach topics and reading courses on three-manifolds, Morse theory, hyperbolic geometry, contact geometry and knot theory.
Room 2.86, Hanna Neumann Building 145