The Computational Mathematics research program actively studies theoretical aspects of computational algorithms, both in the continuous and discrete settings, as well addressing implementation issues to ensure efficient and reliable solution techniques.
The program runs a regular seminar (usually 4pm on a Monday afternoon). If you would like to be notified of these seminars and associated notifications consider joining our mailing list.
The specific areas addressed by the program include:
- high-dimensional approximation and sparse grid methods
- efficient solution of large scale problems
- numerical linear algebra
- numerical solution of partial differential equations
- parallel numerical methods
- inverse problems
- optimisation techniques
- parameter estimation
- uncertainty quantification
- regularisation methods
- thin plate spline smoothing
- tsunami and flood modelling
- plasma theory and modelling